SLOW COOKER GROUND BEEF. TRUFFLE COOKIES
Slow Cooker Ground Beef
- A large electric pot used for cooking food, esp. stews, very slowly
- A countertop electrical cooking appliance that cooks food with low, steady, moist heat. It consists of a lidded round or oval cooking pot made of glazed ceramic or porcelain, surrounded by a housing, usually metal, containing a thermostatically controlled electric heating element.
- Am electric duck oven or casserole used to cook stews and soups slowly. Also known as a crock pot.
- A slow cooker, Crock-Pot (a US trademark that is often used generically), or Slo-Cooker (a UK trade mark that is often used generically) is a countertop electrical cooking appliance that maintains a relatively low temperature compared to other cooking methods (such as baking, boiling, and frying
- Beef mince, ground beef or hamburger meat (in North America), or mince(d) meat (in the rest of the English speaking world) is a minced meat food, made of beef finely chopped by a mincer. It is used in many recipes including hamburgers and cottage pie.
- Refers to beef that has been processed in a meat grinder. When making jerky, this process can be beneficial if you are combining more than one type of meat. After grinding the meats together, insert the meat into a jerky gun and dispense onto cooking pan in uniform strips for dehydrating.
February 10th. Slow cooker
taco soup. Courtesy of Paula Deen. (SO yummy - and unusually healthy for a Paula Deen recipe
2 pounds ground
beef (I used turkey)
2 cups diced onions
2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional ( I left all the olives out - not a fan)
1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
Corn chips, for serving (I used Tostitos Multi grain chips - YUM)
Sour cream, for garnish
Grated cheese, for garnish
Chopped green onions, for garnish
Pickled jalapenos, for garnish
Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker
or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker
on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.
*I just did the cheese for a topping, but I also added sliced avocado as a topping and it was delicious.
Piquant Cuban Picadillo
Cuban Picadillo w/ Olives
from The I50 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Judith Finlayson
2 T. vegetable oil, divided
2 lb. lean ground beef
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalepeno pepper, finely chopped
2 tsp. oregano leaves, crushed
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp/ black pepper
1/4 tsp/ ground cinnamon
2 whole cloves
1 bay leaf
1 5-1/2 oz. can tomato paste
2 T. red wine vinegar
12 large pimento stuffed olives, sliced
In a skillet heat 1 T. oil. add beef and cook until no longer pink.
Transfer to slow cooker with slotted spoon. Drain off liquid in pan.
Reduce heat to medium. add remaining oil to pan. Add garlic, spices
and herbs, stiffing 1 minutes. stir in tomato paste and vinegar and
bring to a boil. Pour mixture over meat and stir well. Cover and
cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, until hot and
bubbling.Stir in olives and cook on high for 20 minutes. Serve
immediately. Good over rice and with Fried Plantains.
Similar posts: george foreman slow cooker manual solar slow cooker cooker sizes how to cook ribs cooked chicken left out overnight brisket recipes slow cooker girl scout cookie sales 2011
- (月) 13:28:26|
- Category: None